The Kasper Group, a fashion retailer, has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Technical Designer for the Anne Klein Division. The Assistant Technical Designer will work with the Technical Design and Design teams and will be responsible for the execution of specific tasks as designated by the Sr. Technical Designer and fellow teammates as needed. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for maintaining and updating files (i.e. Style development files, report templates, grade rules etc)
• Schedule internal fittings, depending on due date and prioritize accordingly.
• Receive and log all incoming samples.
• Create, maintain and issue all Technical reports from guideline to production approval through the PDM system. (With supervision from Dr. tech Design staff)
• Copy repeat styles for special markets and/or special sizes as needed.
• Maintain sample closet
• Interact daily with Design and Production teams
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• ASS College Degree in Patternmaking or/and Technical Design
• At least one year related experience. Internship experience preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Computer proficiency: Word Office Suit, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
• Knowledge of PLM a plus
• Sewing skills; ability to work basic sewing/pressing equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer.