ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DESIGNER
Support the Technical Designer in the execution of spec construction, updating technical packages, measuring fit samples and preparing samples.
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own product category.
- Communicate with overseas partner/agents to answer any questions regarding submission of samples and/or comments.
- Set up daily maintenance of tracking reports and ensure samples being sent in timely manner.
- Maintain organization of all approved fit samples.
- Assist Technical Designer and Sr. Manager with daily tasks (including updating tech packs, fit comments, etc.)
- Measure fit samples and prepare samples/paperwork for fittings.
- Take detailed notes at all product fittings and clearly communicate all fit comments to overseas partners/agents.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 0-1 year
- Premium Denim experience a strong plus
- AA or higher in Fashion Design or related field (graduated from FIT, FIDM or similar in pattern making or technical design preferred)
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Illustrator
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to collaborate cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met
- Full Circle or WebPDM knowledge a plus
Diversity Vision Statement:
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.