ASSISTANT PRODUCTION ARTIST - Appare
The Assistant Production Artist will be responsible for using their technical/computer skills and color knowledge in assisting the apparel art department team with overseeing the management of artwork (graphic & textile) at pre-production stage. This includes a variety of graphic art and print production tasks: overseeing preparation of artwork files, building print-ready files including graphic & print separation files to be delivered to vendors, printing technique and color call outs, maintaining files and digital assets and managing server organization. This position reports to the Art Department Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for assisting in preparation of artwork files, layout and sizing, color call outs, and printing technique call outs of time sensitive vendor communication materials.
- Assists in following through print production process through preparing graphic and textile artwork files for printing, and releasing files to outside vendors.
- Uses expertise in color and computer applications to finalize graphic and textile designs and production callouts. Other technical duties include scaling, graphic and print file color separation, repeating all over textile artwork and cleaning artwork files.
- Pre-production responsibilities include: overseeing preparation of artwork files, layout and sizing, color call outs, management of vendor FTP folders and allocation of files to vendors, and printing technique callouts of time sensitive communication materials.
- Responsible for maintaining open communication and working relationship with cross functional partners including design and product development.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a professional apparel art room production role within a fashion retail company and/or agency.
- Formal training (certified) and/or educational background in Graphic Arts required. AA or BA in Graphic Design preferred.
- Expert level proficiency in a MAC based environment, utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Well-rounded knowledge of various printing techniques and how to communicate these directions to overseas vendors.
- Fully understands the pre-production process including knowledge of artwork file preparation for print.
- Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding designer and merchant satisfaction expectations.
- Demonstrates excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills. Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator, a must.
- Comfortable working in a deadline driven, fast paced environment. Adaptive to change and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What You'll Get:
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our Receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- The extra perks… a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, on site physician assistant & chiropractor, café, masseuse, gym, basketball court, and more.