ASSISTANT MERCHANT, ECOMMERCE
SVP, General Merchandise Manager, EComm
- Assist with the development of merchandise assortments, conduct sales analyses and manage product samples for assigned merchandise departments.
- Influence assortment and buy decisions by analyzing product performance and providing actionable business recommendations to Merchant or Associate Merchant.
- Attend sample fittings and provide recommendations to Technical Design on necessary alterations.
- Attend cross-functional meetings to review product selling, issues with deliveries, and potential liabilities. Present suggested solutions to ensure timely and consistent flow of merchandise.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising team on product placement to ensure that placement features key business drivers and aligns with the concept of the delivery.
- Review and analyze potential pricing promotions with Planning partners and provide recommendations to Merchant or Associate Merchant for approval.
- Prepare, update, organize and distribute weekly sales reports, provide analyses to Merchant or Associate Merchant, and participate in sales meetings.
- Assess customer buying trends and prepare comparison analyses, observations and recommendations.
- Track and monitor shipments, deliveries and samples.
- Manage and track all samples for assigned departments throughout the life cycle of the purchase order.
- Enter all purchase orders and reconcile against buy sheet.
- At least 1 year of experience in an Assistant Merchant role.
- Fashion retail or related experience preferred.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Sense of fashion trends.
- Excellent verbal and solid written communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Assertive, energetic and results-driven.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.