ASSISTANT MERCHANDISE PLANNER
As an Assistant Planner you will be responsible for providing support to the planning and merchandising teams in building merchandise assortment strategies that achieve sales and profit objectives.
- Conduct daily, monthly, quarterly, and seasonal sales reporting
- Assist planning and merchandising teams with weekly and merchandise demand and sales reporting
- Work directly with Merchandise Planner(s) on building new reports and merchandise analytics
- Analyze historical and current trend to identify risk and opportunities and partner with planner to develop action plan to achieve department goals
- Recap in-season actualized sales and inventory KPIs to plan and forecast
- Execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to recap business. Work to identify risks and opportunities by department and by class. In partnership with manager, create strategies to align inventory with Merchant partners.
- Develop item-level promotional and markdown strategies on a weekly basis. Partner with Merchandising & Corporate Planning to accuracy of system entry.
- Creates and generates reports, analyses and scenarios to drive inventory strategy decisions, understand trends and facilitate planning team daily deliverables.
- Participates as a functional planning representative on cross-functional project teams as assigned, supporting timely project completion and communicating action items and provides updates to larger team.
- 1-2 years’ work experience
- Advanced Analytical Skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and comfortable with dynamic fast paced environment