ASSISTANT MANAGER, CHINOOK - CLUB MONACO
Club Monaco is an international brand that designs and creates modern yet timeless clothing and accessories for women and men. Since its first store opened in Toronto in 1985, Club Monaco has been recognized by fashion influencers for its thoughtfully designed, purposeful collections featuring relevant, wearable pieces, fine fabrics and exceptional fits. In 1999, Club Monaco became a subsidiary of the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation.
The Assistant Manager supports the Store Manager and Associate Manager(s) with the overall daily management, customer service, training, and operations of the store. The Assistant Manager can also have a Division of Responsibility within the store, including product experience, operations, clienteling, or employee experience related.
- Deliver continuous performance feedback and training to motivate & develop store team to meet current and future position requirements
- Demonstrate flexibility and innovation in recognizing and reacting to changing work demands
- Effectively leverage and appropriately delegate responsibilities to staff
- Provide a clear sense of direction for service associates
- Take accountability for personal results
- Ensure all customer service standards are consistently executed and utilize company tools to better service the customer
- Motivate and coach store team to achieve personal and store sales goals
- Facilitate an energized pace, positive service environment and team development through the Customer Experience Manager role
- Demonstrate best in class customer service & lead by example on the sales floor
- Monitor sales floor and zone coverage to drive sales and maintain customer focus
- Build repeat business by ensuring all client program tools and strategies around data capture, outreach, and follow up are consistently executed
- Ensure store teams receive customer service & product knowledge training to strengthen selling skills
- Model and ensure dress code compliance
- Communicate top and bottom sellers to Store Manager
- Achieve personal SPH goals*
- Responsible for opening and closing the store on designated shifts
- Ensure strict compliance with all policies and procedures
- Ensure daily monitoring and execution of sales and payroll goals.
- Uphold and model established best practices around day to day operations
- Ensure operational integrity & asset protection compliance in day to day operations & practices
People & Development
- Assist in motivating staff and align daily activities to achieve business goals
- Ensure sales associates clearly understand and meet job expectations
- Educate team & provide in the moment feedback around sales plans, personal goals, and key performance indicators
- Facilitate training sessions where needed to develop individual and overall team skills and abilities
Visual Presentation/Store Maintenance
- To ensure brand Integrity is reflected to the customer through enhancements in presentation, product, and people
- Ensure store meets visual merchandising and maintenance standards
- Provide necessary feedback to Store Management to drive the business through visual and merchandising opportunities
- Ensure store team is trained in visual and store maintenance standards
Skills and Requirements
- Requires a minimum of 2-3 years of retail supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
- Strong English communication—verbal and written / Multilingual is a plus
- Excellent time management/project skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
- Goal oriented: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
- Physical Demands:
- Hours/days of work can be varied due to the demands of the business
- Must be able to work shift standing and walking and able to lift approx 20 lbs.
- Must be able to pack, unpack and move stock when supporting in receiving / stocking store functions.
Club Monaco is a dynamic, rapidly growing retail brand that continues to offer modern style and a unique voice within the fashion and retail industries. Headquartered in New York City’s Chelsea Gallery district, Club Monaco can be found in over 140 locations worldwide with stores in the United States, London, Paris, Sweden, Canada, Hong Kong, Seoul, Beijing, and Macau.