ASSISTANT INFANT DESIGNER
Our client is a New York based apparel company creating clothing for newborns, infants, toddlers, and young boys and girls. They are currently seeking an Assistant Infant Designer.
Position Overview: Seeking a talented Assistant Infant Designer who is a team player and ready to work in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include working with the designer through all aspects of designing the line. He/She will be a part of brainstorming and creating presentations internally and for buyers. This person will work with production team, technical team, sourcing team, and sample managers to help maintain production/quality standards while adhering to corporate and divisional procedures. Interest in children's apparel required.
- Assistant Infant Designer designs, researches, brainstorms, and concepts board development
- Presentation preparation including, boards, line plans, etc.
- Assistant Infant Designer creates technical sketches with construction call outs
- Manages and/or assists in departmental projects such as manual updates, comparison projects, etc.
- Assistant Infant Designer maintains line sheets with approved silhouettes, new art, correct fabrications, supplier/vendor information
- Develops specialty line sheets as requested (screen-printing plans, sheets by supplier, specialty line sheets/ boards for presentations)
- Assistant Infant Designer draws fixtures and creates art boards
- Orchestrates local and factory sampling of screen-print and garments
- General organizational responsibilities include filing and maintenance of storage areas
- Assistant Infant Designer assists with other duties within the division
- 1+ years design experience in retail garment industry preferred (infant experience not required)
- Proficient in Illustrator, Excel, & Word
- Must be able to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Garment fitting knowledge a plus
- Valid driver's license is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field