ASSISTANT, DESIGNER - Young Men's
The Assistant Designer supports the Designer(s) in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Assist and take direction from Designer(s) and Senior Designer(s) for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; pull fabrics, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, and inspirational photos.
- Assist in development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment.
Operations & Results
- Track design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Support Designer(s) in creating Illustrator sketches; assist in preparation of specification sheets; prepare designs for line review; prepare line sheets and update as necessary.
- Maintain product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; maintain designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval; maintain fabric/trim library.
- Review lab dips with Designer(s) and Senior Designer(s); coordinate print and graphics where appropriate; observe and assist with fit process; keep detailed notes.
Customers & Relationships
- Follow-up with internal customers and partners including technical design and production; facilitate inter office communication.
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
Skills and Requirements
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fashion design.
- 1 plus years related experience and/or training in apparel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products and Mac computers; knowledge of CAD preferable.
GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer