ASSISTANT DESIGNER - Woven Tops
Assist the Designer to create and develop a unique product that is brand appropriate while being modern and fashion forward. Balances core and trend items and is enhanced through the details which will help set the product apart from other brands. The Assistant Designer will be a part of a highly creative and energetic team plays an integral role in the brand.
- Assists with the creation of the Design Development Packages and help update & maintain the information in Flex PLM after milestone meetings.
- Support design development team by preparing necessary visual tools (i.e. sketches, cads, doll boards, presentation boards, fabric swatches, color standard)
- Assists in managing multiple seasons at different stages of development, while driving the development calendar and adhering to the T&A.
- Stays abreast of trends both directional and a retail level.
- Maintains awareness of directions of classifications and hindsight throughout the development process and know sales of categories and apply them to future seasons.
- 4-Year College Degree Preferred
- 1-3 years' experience or Internship in the apparel design industry, preferably contemporary market
- Outstanding sketching abilities and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense and passion for details that will make the brand and product unique
- Affinity for working in a team environment
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator & Flex PLM