The Kasper Group is an apparel industry leader, offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and special occasion
dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, The Kasper Group has remained a forerunner in fashion for over 30
years. We are committed to delivering iconic brands (Kasper, Anne Klein, LeSuit), relevant fashions and trusted, quality
products to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Designer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform the administrative tasks necessary to execute the design process
• Perform various tasks on PLM as needed
• Create Illustrator flats
• Assist with trim approvals
• Prepare sketch charts
• Create knit and sweater proto specs
• Create woven design sheets and trim sheets
• Maintain color library and the sending of color standards to HK office and agents
• Create new bodies and trims in keeping with brand esthetic
• Maintain daily working relationships with all design, production, sales, and tech design departments
• Work with art department on creating print layouts, pitching artwork, and sending to factories
• Communicate with local trim and fabric vendors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications (especially in Excel), Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Ability to learn new computer systems; knowledge of PLM a plus
• Excellent follow-up skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Being able to work part of a team; leadership skills a plus
• Must be flexible and a multitasker in a fast paced environment
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer.