ASSISTANT DESIGNER - Leather / Neckwear / Jewelry / Belts / Wallets / Gifts
The Assistant Designer is responsible for assisting in the development and design of the jewelry and accessory lines. They are to combine artistic talent with research on product use, marketing, and materials to create the most functional and appealing merchandise design.
- Design new products and prepare new information for Product Lifestyle Management (PLM) system; enter new and revised styles into the PLM system
- Modify and refine designs to conform with specifications, production limitations or changes in design trends.
- Receive and coordinate the fabrication of samples; communicate via email with factories and vendors
- Participate in new product planning
- Attend team meetings and coordinate with supervisors and other team members on projects taking place throughout the department
- Four year degree in a Jewelry Design or Accessory Design Program or
- Comparable experience in a comparable position required
- Able to demonstrate design ability and computer design software skills
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to multi-task effectively