ASSISTANT DESIGNER - CK Performance
G-III Apparel Group, the world's premier designer and manufacturer of quality leather outerwear, dresses, women's suits and sportswear with a comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and wholly-owned brands, including Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Guess?, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi’s, Dockers, Jessica Simpson, Vince Camuto, Ellen Tracy, Kensie, Ivanka Trump, and G.H. Bass, among others.
Calvin Klein Performance seeks an Assistant Designer to collaborate with the Senior Designer in design and execution of the seasonal collections.
- Complete all aspects of design packages - sketching, tech packs, creating and maintaining linesheets
- Assist Senior Designer with research and development of innovative trims each season
- Assist Senior Designer with research and development of new fabrics
- Prepare and maintain tech packs from initial development through bulk
- Organize and maintain design development including artwork, trims, fabric worksheets, initial development, finalized tech pack, line list, etc.
- Communicate with overseas factories
- Submit and approve artwork/strike-offs, wash panels, lab dips, etc.
- Manage and adhere to Time and Action Calendar
- BA in Fashion Design
- Prior experience with women’s performance and sportswear design
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CS, MS Excel, and MS Office Suite
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral