Supports Associate Buyers and/or Buyers in recognizing current trends and developing corresponding initiatives to fulfill these demands and meet business objectives. Works closely with the Associate Buyer, Buyer, and key business partners to develop and maintain close relationships with vendors and stores.
What You'll Do:
- Achieves sales and margin objectives for seasonal buying plans.
- Assists Buyers in performs market analyses; participates in defining and outlining organizational strengths and weaknesses, determining external opportunities and threats.
- Supports Buyer in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines to augment planned assortments based on trend data.
- Helps develop product for Intimates including sourcing and monitoring delivery of product and quality control.
- Maintains assortment plans and continuously assesses market to identify and react to trends.
- Corresponds with vendors; provides excellent service and attention.
- Facilitates strong working relationship between corresponding merchandising teams and the field organization.
- Maintains close relationships with Stores, Vendors, Distribution Center, Planning and Allocation, Marketing and Internet teams.
- Regularly attends fashion events to remain keen on current trends – fashion, music, culture, and other innovations regarding fashion.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
What You'll Need:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years progressive experience as an Assistant Buyer or Associate Buyer.
- Knowledge on the contemporary junior market.
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative abilities.
- Detail oriented and system savvy.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Offices.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Upholds and furthers HOTT’s culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen music and fashion trends.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
What You'll Get:
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our Receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- The extra perks… a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, on site physician assistant & chiropractor, café, masseuse, gym, basketball court, and more.