The Art Director for LEO/National Accounts – In this role, the Art Director for LEO/National Accounts, in collaboration with the Associate Creative Director, will develop design strategies that best position .
The Art Director for LEO/National Accounts is responsible for visual presentation of RPF’s, client catalogs, sales presentations, client brand image, digital content, as well as managing photo and video shoots. As the Art Director, they have good experience and knowledge in areas of design, typography, brand image and identity building, and color and visual pacing.
This position will coordinate mockups, page elements, and other visuals with various levels of management to identify optimal design standards and work with account managers, production, and merchandising teams to carry visual themes across all channels. In addition, the Art Director for LEO/National Accounts will communicate changes and direction within the design team, production team, merchandise team, and other appropriate groups to relay changes and approvals. The Art Director for LEO/National Accounts will assist in arranging, planning, and coordination of photo shoots with the ACD, Merchandiser, Stylist and Photographer as needed.
The AD is expected to assist the Associate Creative Director in development of concepts and creative direction. As Art Director for LEO/National Accounts you will help lead a cross-functional design team to chair the artistic development of marketing and promotional materials, including print, photo/video; collateral; websites; and internal and external corporate publications.
- Develop dynamic layouts that positions the product and brand accurately
- Supervises illustrators, photographers and production artists on projects
- Work with copywriters to develop strategies for RPF’s, sales presentations, videos, client books and campaigns
- Create presentations and project plans, meet with clients, and ensure successful online representation of clients' brands, including sophisticated storefront website design, user interface and interactive campaigns. • Lead the concept, design and execution of visual materials for integrated, cross-channel initiatives
- Interpret seasonal marketing direction—concepts, typography, templates–and apply to the catalog layouts
- Mentor, manage, and develop design team, freelance designers, and temps.
- Manage design process from conception to completion of projects; ensure delivery of quality visual products that effectively deliver the desired message within budget and time constraints
- Produce, and/or supervise production of photo and video shoots as well as a range of printed assets and materials. Direct, adapt and evolve all campaigns for digital, print, and brand
- Oversee and art direct video and photo shoots
- Apply the latest design and print industry trends
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Director to push creative to the next level with design that exhibits clarity, sophistication and an innovative style
- Meet the timelines and objectives of all projects
- Ensure all catalogs spreads are accurate and ready for production handoff
- Assist creative director in the development of concepts and creative direction
- Support creative director with additional projects or operational areas
- Collaborate with business partners—merchandising, inventory, production, photo team and copywriters–in the production of all catalog pages
- Foster positive relationships with all internal departments, outside agencies, photographers and vendors
- Able to think big picture to evolve brand identity through conceptualizing quarterly photo shoots by creating in depth photo plans, themes and storyboards.
- Strong knowledge in areas of typography and design
- Design leader who can work within a team, or proactively work on their own.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner
- Ability to accurately interpret the Lands’ End and Lands’ End Outfitters Brand
- Proven excellent mentoring and leadership of successful design teams
- Design degree and/or five to eight years design and Art Direction experience
- Proven skills in brand identity building and innovation
- Meticulous organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and adapt to change
- Familiar with entire catalog production process from concept to photography to print
- Highly competent in InDesign and Photoshop, with an understanding of Adobe Illustrator. Other design software such as Premiere, After Effects and Dreamweaver are a plus
- Ability to learn new internal software that assist in the production of projects
- Professional communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Lands’ End products
- Strong project management and strategic planning skills
- Understanding of fashion trends and knowledge in B2B business a plus
- Experience with an agency or in-house design team experience preferred
- Ability to travel to 5-8 photo/video shoots per year with the US.
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).