AREA VISUAL LEADER (MANAGER), Kate Spade New York, Toronto, ON
- To create a unique, impactful, and immersive shopping experience encompassing the iconic kate spade new york lifestyle and brand, while driving top line results and profitability. This role is responsible for instilling brand consistency and standardsacross channel through coaching, training, and development of all store teams, visual field teams and corporate partners to ensure flawless execution. This person is also the ambassador and communicator of global brand messaging, concepts, and initiatives.
- Train and supervise visual merchandising initiatives in all specialty/outlet stores-
United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
- Analyze and review sales performance of in-store configurations, fixtures, and displays in order to drive sales and margin.
- Be the brand gatekeeper, ensuring that the image and aesthetic of the company is projected at all times utilizing merchandise presentations, interior displays, and mannequin styling.
- Consistently conceptualize new and creative in store merchandising ideas to drive out-of-the-box thinking.
- Partner with RESD and buying teams to continually evolve the in-store experience while showcasing new product categories in innovative and compelling ways, as well as conceptualizing and overseeing implementation of new and/or updated POS fixtures.
- Develop and manage ongoing communication between the field management teams, stores and corporate visual management to ensure stores have adequate visual resources and support to meet the company standards.
- Identification and follow up of preventative store deficiencies (FMO) including; broken/chipped fixtures, paint, façade damages, lighting issues etc.
- Partner with merchandising and design, to map and merchandise all seasonal market presentations and showrooms. (outlet)
- Partner with buying, planning, and allocations teams to map, merchandise, and develop the monthly floor set documents and any refreshes/updates associated with floorsets and window changes.
- Execute focused visual training workshops and exercises using ksny standards and training tools to educate store team members and ensure consistent execution.
- Conduct meaningful store visits to ensure that management and visual teams are adhering to visual standards, maximizing floor space, and maintaining consistent product presentations.
- Attend and participate in all relevant business meetings to track, analyze, and react to business, ensuring channel exceeds financial goals.
- Cultivate strong working partnerships and collaborate within the organization - both field leadership and corporate office.
- Ability to recruit, interview, onboard and train new visual talent.
- Mobilize support for new store openings, relocations, and renovations while partnering with NSO manager and operations department to ensure all visual elements, product, and store design elements are displayed to standard.
- Partner with and mobilize director peer group to create cross-departmental processes, feedback and synergy.
skills and abilities required:
- Strong merchandise presentation skills that can support high volume and flagship stores.
- Capacity to identify challenges and develop solutions to visual merchandising opportunities.
- Strong strategic planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize to deadlines.
- Detail oriented with an entrepreneurial disposition.
- High level leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively and graciously with all levels within the organization, including strength in presentation skills.
- Comfortable and confident in making effective and autonomous decisions in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of the latest fashion, environmental, and interior trends.
- Ability to manage all personal/team travel, entertainment budgets, and calendars.
- Proficient in: Microsoft word, excel, and outlook – Adobe Creative Suites
- Flexibility to work on off peak hours including weekends and overnights.
- Able to safely lift/move 50 lbs.
- Comfortable with heights and climbing ladders.
- Able to stand and stretch for extended periods of time.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Able to travel using various forms of transportation such as airplanes, trains, and buses.
- Posses a drivers license and have the ability to drive to store locations.
- Posses a valid passport for international travel.