ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN COORDINATOR - High-End Furniture Design Company
Adecco Creative & Marketing is assisting a high end furniture design company in their search for an Architectural Design Coordinator! This incredible opportunity is based in NYC and FT hours ongoing temp, with potential for perm for the right candidate!
SUMMARY: Responsible for leading and conducting activities to address product application issues on direct sales opportunities with clients and A+D firms within the New York region.
This role will be responsible for design product pieces per specifications of the customer and making design decisions on the specifications for technical, engineering, and electrical components. This is a customer design support role, so in addition to designing great product, this person will work with the client to better understand their needs.
- Bachelors degree in interior/architectural/facility design from an accredited program, or in a related field of study or equivalent level of experience.
- 4+ years professional experience in interior design, space planning or architecture
- Basic knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, applications culture and the contract furniture industry as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products/services from the competition.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects through effective coordination of internal/external resources.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced/changing environment while demonstrating excellent time management skills, working well under pressure and having the flexibility to shift priorities quickly.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to develop financial acumen.
- Proven ability to meet with and work at all levels of the organization (e.g., employees, visitors, vendors), represent Herman Miller in a professional manner and develop good professional relationships with all contacts.
- Exhibits professional attributes that include an assertive work style, projecting self-confidence, high personal performance standards, desire to continuously learn and tends, being results-oriented, and willingness to go to great lengths to resolve any/all issues.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication abilities as well as the ability to collaborate, facilitate and make presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct activities while maintaining a high level of integrity, ethical standards, and judicial use of confidential information.
- Ability to effectively use office automation/communication software and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment; including proficient skills in CAD and Z-Axis.
- Ability to travel sporadically as required.
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodation.
If this sounds like you, please Apply Now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled