AP ASSOCIATE - EXPENSE
Provides support to pay the company obligations. Verifies invoices, posting transactions and maintains all payment records. This position reports to Manager, Accounts Payable-Expense.
What You'll Do:
- Match and pay invoices promptly and accurately using 3-way match method.
- Resolve purchase order, invoice or payment discrepancies.
- Work with Purchasing as well as key personnel to resolve discrepancies with the goods receipts on purchase orders.
- Prioritize vendor invoices by monitoring discount opportunities.
- Process Tax payments by ACH, upload and check.
- Process employee reimbursements for payment.
- Reconcile vendor statements and AP related accounts.
- Identify issues and resolves issues promptly.
- Partner with our vendors, distribution center, and other departments to resolve any issues.
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and recommend solutions.
What You'll Need:
- Associates degree required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Basic accounting coursework required.
- 2 years of previous accounting or accounts payable experience.
- Lawson software experience preferred.
- High volume transactions.
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment. Solid verbal and written communicator.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
What You'll Get:
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our Receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- The extra perks… a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, on site physician assistant & chiropractor, café, masseuse, gym, basketball court, and more.