We're looking for an AR/AP Specialist to support the Accounting and Finance team. This is a temporary assignment (4-6 months)
Our ideal candidate has 2- 5 years of similar experience in assisting with collections and invoicing.
- Performs tasks and activities in the accounts payable/receivable function
- Matches invoice to purchase orders if applicable and ensures expenses are properly approved prior to being entered in the system.
- Applies invoices and expenses to proper general ledger accounts and cost centers. Posts and reconciles batches as appropriate.
- Arranges payments on weekly basis based on due dates. Organizes supporting documentation for weekly AP check signing and wires.
- Maintains all payment or other transaction records. Files supporting documentation in organized manner.
- Communicates with vendors to resolve and reconcile discrepancies.
- Reconciles AR account activity.
- Various other administrative duties assigned by management
- Bachelors degree or its equivalent or at least 3 years of directly related experience.
- Familiar with standard accounting concepts and A/R and A/P practices and procedures.
- Good communication skills with both internal staff and external vendors/customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon)
- Strong current working knowledge of Excel
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask. Able to juggle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Deadline and detail-oriented. Performs work with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Goes the extra mile to get the job done.
- Take ownership of assigned areas and see them through to completion