Founded in 1992, Anthropologie (www.anthropologie.com) operates more than 175 retail stores in North America and Europe, and ships to over 100 countries worldwide via our ecommerce channels. We cater to fashionable, educated, and creative women between the ages of 28 to 45, who desire an inspirational shopping experience. To that end, we are committed to exceeding her expectations in unexpected, delightful ways. Our unique product assortment includes women's apparel and accessories, home furnishings and décor, gifts, beauty, and found objects. Our mission is to provide our customer with an unimagined experience.
Merchandise Assistant- Beauty
As a Merchandise Assistant (MA), you will support the daily operational functions within your designated buying area; support the buying team in managing the overall merchandise flow. You will also learn to develop key cross functional relationships with both the market and internal partners: distribution center, design, and production. The MA is also responsible for partnering with the Buyer and/or GMM on all necessary tasks.
· Open all packages and distribute to the appropriate Buyer for review
· Organize all sample areas (our area, desk, shelves, etc.)
· Manage and set up samples for all styleouts and other meetings
· Call in any missing samples from vendors or request from production via sample log
· Organize and file all vendor catalogs.
· Work with Buyer and/or Associate Buyer to request appropriate number of samples for web turnover, press previews, and other meetings
· Check all mailboxes and distribute mail twice daily
· Open all mail and distribute to the appropriate Assistant Buyer for review
· Drop inter office mail off in mailroom
· Answer all emails promptly and in an organized fashion
· Take digital photos of all items
· Manage and maintain picture packs
· Take pictures of styleouts
· Must exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Detail Oriented.
· Ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
· An understanding of the customer's wants and needs and the ability to identify the appropriate product/trend that will appeal to the customer and meet their expectations.
· Ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks.
· Must demonstrate creative thinking.
· 1-2 Years retail experience or internship.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business, or a related field.
Minimal travel required.