The Operations EDI Analyst position is responsible for maintaining smooth communications between business partners utilizing GBG, USA standard EDI transaction sets.
• Monitor EDI cockpit, clearing any errors on inbound and outbound transactions (GBG currently trading approximately 18 different in/out transaction sets).
• Prioritize the urgency of EDI errors for troubleshooting.
• Maintain communications and translation environments to insure accurate and timely processing of EDI transactions.
• Resolve EDI issues by finding root cause and provide viable solution to correct.
• Coordinate with 3PL’s on 945/DO shipping status for smooth processing of ASN transactions to customers.
• Support internal users with requests to re-drop orders, EDI related questions & trouble shooting.
• Support external business partners (3PL’s, retailers, factor, freight forwarders, vendors, etc) with EDI related questions and trouble shooting.
• Provide new user training and/or enhancement training on EDI cockpit functionality and best practices.
• Answer customers EDI related inquiries, such as missing, rejected, invalid data.
• Run missing ASN report and overdue acknowledgement for entire business daily.
• Work with EDI offshore team to ensure high level transaction issues are addressed, and mapping changes or additions are communicated timely.
• Identify and communicate continuous improvements for overall TSG dept, with regard to EDI.
• Setup communication methods and mailboxes for all users.
• Perform data entry tasks (ASN preparation, order entry, etc) as work load requires.
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• EDI and ERP Software experience, preferably SAP in an Apparel/Footwear environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Ability to analyze and solve problems, think and act independently, self-motivated.
• Good communication with business teams.
• Ability to set priorities effectively and adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to understand business requirements and identify impacts to business.
GBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.