The Merchandise Allocator I is responsible for merchandise allocation to frontline and direct stores. Duties include initial purchase orders, initial purchase order allocation, replenishment of warehouse back stock to the correct channel/store, and partnering with Merchants and Planners to ensure the proper merchandise assortment for stores with the optimal inventory levels.
- Allocate all initial purchase orders prior to orders arriving at distribution center as well as bi-weekly replenishment; via applicable software program.
- Utilize sizing hindsight's pre-season to identify opportunities; analyze results and use data to determine optimal stock and sizing for future.
- Review in season sizing weekly by style to identify allocation opportunities and to inform team of potential opportunities as well as in stock risks and take actions on future orders where applicable.
- Analyze business on an ad hoc basis to identify business driving opportunities and communicate findings with the team.
- Monitor and track inbound purchase orders. Work with Logistics, Distribution Center and Merchants to manage inbound freight to mitigate risk.
- Review inventory levels by department/class/store weekly; develop strategies to optimize inventory with new receipts and replenishment.
- Own allocation strategy meeting, attend floorset open house to understand style placement on floor. Use assortment architecture to make recommendations based on current trends.
- Communicate and partner with Planning, Merchants, Store Planning, Sourcing, Distribution Center/Logistics and Visual to maximize sales and profits.
- Develop and execute new store inventory allocation plans; to ensure new stores open with correct inventory levels and merchandise mix.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, operations, or other related field preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Allocator in an apparel specialty retailer; or minimum 3-4 years prior experience culminating as an Assistant or Associate Merchant in a Specialty or Department store
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to shift focus/priorities at a moments notice
- Charismatic team player that exhibits excellent "team work" abilities
- Ideal candidate will have strong PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel
- JDA Allocation system experience a plus