New York & Company- Planning and Allocation
Responsible for planning and analyzing the company’s inventory to ensure the proper allocation of merchandise as well as forecasting sales in order to complete the proper flow of merchandise to the correct stores at the correct time.
- Consolidate, analyze and communicate style and location-based performance, including sales/inventory comparisons and seasonality impacts.
- Strategize and execute the release of initial inventories and in-season replenishment to stores.
- Confirms style level purchases at the store level can support merchandising plan.
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure timely and accurate execution of new store assortments and quantities.
- Ensure accuracy of flow forecast, communicate discrepancies in receipt timing.
- Make recommendations based on knowledge of store-attribute performance and trends, communicate appropriately.
- Able to deliver strong and thorough presentations, clearly identify business issues, strategies and decisions to Sr. Mgmt.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams
- Understand and articulate the driving factors in forecast generation and how to impact them.
- Demonstrate knowledge of forecasting math and performance metrics
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Finance or Economics
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills