ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, Creative Design (Contract)
Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
Working in In-Store Marketing and reporting to the Director, Creative Design, the Administrative Assistant will assist in the tactical tasks needed for the implementation as it relates to creative design and/or in -store marketing and including department accounting.
Role Responsibilities Include:
- Assist Creative Design Manager with the tactical tasks needed for the implementation of National in-store (Seasonal ex: Christmas), window marketing themes and store renovations that include quotes, placing orders, and follow upon deliveries to stores.
- Through ongoing communication with our vendors, compile and manage distributions, quotes, quote analysis and timely delivery of visual elements.
- Work closely with shipping/imports office on shipment of goods and follow-through on deliveries, including any issues that may arise.
- Communicate with Home Office departments (Import Logistics, National Communications, office Services, etc.) Regional ISM team members and Bay stores, as determined by individual project requirements.
- Accounting tasks will include; Input and monitoring of monthly period charges, credit card purchases to different department accounts, input and monitoring of Capital Project purchases and budgets as given in our internal electronic system, processing of credit card purchases and transfer to proper accounts for payment, processing of incoming Vendor invoices as they relate to purchases
- Other duties as assigned by Creative Design Director
- Strong project management and multi-tasking abilities
- High written, verbal communication and listening skills
- Detail minded
- Computer literate - MS Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 2-3 years administrative office experience