ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Temp-Perm)
Specific Responsibilities :
This is a temp to perm opportunity. The sucessful candidate will be responsible for processing domestic accounts payble for all branches.
- Obtain and review invoices from Vendors/ LF operations to reconcile with vendor statements.
Post invoices and verify correct GL codes used.
Process payments timely and accurately.
Communicate with vendors and sister companies to obtain missing information
Confirm appropriate settlement of shipments in the system by operations department.
Investigate any and all discrepancies with operations.
Research assigned payable >30 days and resolve it/clean up AP aging report.
Work with Finance Manager on reoccurring problems for a solution.
Ensure proper supporting doc. is obtained for the use of company CC.
Cross training in other functions, such as overseas agent settlements and Cash receipts.
Ad hoc duties, such as to assist with any accounting work, cash applications, reporting or any cross training as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Two years’ experience in an accounting position
- Knowledge of freight forwarding industry
- Knowledge of international and domestic settlement
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Basic PC skills