SENIOR BUYER, Clothing Dress Furnishings
Manager: Divisional Merchandise Manager
BOSS | Clothing, Dress Furnishings
USA | CAN | MEX
Directly Operated Stores & Shop In Shops
HUGO BOSS is globally renowned as a successful fashion and lifestyle brand. On the one hand, we have our passion for extraordinary design and high expectations regarding fabrics, processing and fitting to thank. On the other hand, we like to encourage our team of almost 13,800 employees to think outside the box. After all, different perspectives enhance creativity and performance and result in products that are sold in 126 countries at over 7,600 sales points around the globe.
The Senior Buyer is directly responsible for the product development, selection, and procurement of all merchandise related to Tailored Clothing & Dress Furnishings for directly operated stores in USA | CAN | MEX. This involves selecting market appropriate product categories at the right price, quality, and design in order to meet consumer demand. This role has a responsibility to support company objectives, as well as identify and apply solutions to problems that will reduce liability, improve gross margin and maximize business opportunities.
- Manage the RAP (Retail Assortment Planning) process through the selection of custom assortments by cluster and individual store location based on budget, product offering, customer demand, and merchandise trends.
- Influence the collection development with Brand | Creative Management for Regional Merchandising Initiatives.
- Facilitates pre-season analysis; provides collection retail assortment guidelines, objectives, IPR, and line plans to brand | creative management and attends Form & Fabric meetings in AG.
- Partners directly with merchandise planning for cluster | module development for the NCSA region.
- Prepares collection product knowledge presentations that are regionally relevant for retail sales associates.
- Partners with Regional | Store Managers and attends VM model store to provide guidance that ensures presentation guidelines help product supply meet customer demand.
- Regularly reviews key performance indicators such as sell thru%, sales | stock ratio and conversion; reacting quickly to changes in demand and trending merchandise categories.
- Studies current market trends relative to customer demands and predicts future trends in competitive market.
- Reviews Open-to-Buy (OTB) and identify risk + sales opportunities that meet financial goals and objectives.
- Partners closely with Retail Planning Department to examine product performance regularly and develop clear strategies that lead team in strategy execution relating back to financial targets.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams (i.e. Brand & Creative Management, Wholesale, Regional Managers, IT, Visual Merchandisers and Senior Management).
- Manage & Coach Buyer | Associate | Assistant Buyers – with monitored development of team members while delegating tasks necessary to achieve departmental goals and expectations.
- RAP Key User for onboarding and training of new Buyers being introduced to the RAP process.
- Utilize and comprehend SAP | BIS | RAP merchandising tools in order to manage RAP buying process.
- Utilize and comprehend RAP Cluster | Module building for most effective assortment performance results.
- BS College Degree.
- Minimum 7+ years of Buying experience (Tailored Clothing Experience Required).
- Adapts to shifting circumstances in business environment.
- Builds productive cross-functional relationships.
- Strong Conceptual and Strategic Thinking.
- Independent, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Strong managerial skills & process oriented.
- Travel 25%
HUGO BOSS offers its employees exceptional working conditions in an international environment. If you are interested in the fashion sector and challenges inspire your ambition, we would like to get to know you.